-   -   Converting to Time Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/34314-converting-time-format.html)

Amber

Converting to Time Format

Hello,

I have imported a report from Notepad into Excel. There is a column that
has various times in it, which I brought in as text (since I didn't have any
other options). I now want to sort by time, and have the time be in
ascending order. How can I change the format of this to time, so that Excel
recognizes it as time, and sorts it correctly. Is there some kind of formula
I can use?

Thank you

Bob Phillips

Add a helper column. Add the formula

=A1*1

copy down, and sort on the helper column.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips