-   -   Formula to move cursor when 2 cells equal (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/34311-formula-move-cursor-when-2-cells-equal.html)

mikeburg

Formula to move cursor when 2 cells equal

Needing a cell formula that moves the cursor to the next row & 1st
column when two cells equal. For example when the value in b2 equals
the value in c2, the
cursor is moved to a3.

Thanks ,

mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24581

Anne Troy

Hi, Mike. I'm sorry, but this doesn't sound like a reasonable thing to do.
Can you describe your workbook a little better--what it's used for--and what
you're trying to accomplish by moving the cursor?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"mikeburg" wrote in
message ...

Needing a cell formula that moves the cursor to the next row & 1st
column when two cells equal. For example when the value in b2 equals
the value in c2, the
cursor is moved to a3.

Thanks ,

mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=385378

mikeburg

Yes. I am creating a cash receipts journal of sales figures showing
what products each customer is paying for.

I am trying to keep it simple.

7 products are listed accross on row 1 in columns D thru J.

Only for reference, the customer # is entered in column A.

The Payment are entered on the same row in column B.

The same row of Column C has a formula that totals the entries in of
the same row of columns D thru J.

I will be entering the sales figures, for the payment received, in
columns D thru J.

When the total in column C equals the payment in Column B, I need the
cursor to automatically move to the next row in Column A, ready for the
next customer sales entry.

Thank you for your kind help.

mikeburg