-   -   hyperlinks not working in excel 2002 SP3 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/34308-hyperlinks-not-working-excel-2002-sp3.html)

Roundy

hyperlinks not working in excel 2002 SP3

I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to list data on some products. I have
a hyperlink for each job I have that links to a performance data spreadsheet
for the product, specific to the job.

If I open this spreasheet in excel 2002 and insert a hyperlink to the file,
the hyperlink works until I save the file. Also, when the hyperlink is
functional you will get the tool-tip that shows where the file is, once it os
"broken" i.e. does not work, the tool tip is gone. Also, if you right-click
you do not see the edit hyperlink option, you have to go to insert menu and
select hyperlink to edit the link.

After it is "broken" if I open the spreasheet in excel 2000 the link still
does not work, but if I go to insert hyperlink and browse for the file, it
shows that a relative reference is appended to the beginning of hte
hyperlink, so the path does not exist. Once I fix it, it all works OK in
Excel 2000, but as soon as i open in excel 2002 it stops working again.