-   -   LOOKUP FUNCTION WITH SUMS VALUES (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3421-lookup-function-sums-values.html)

Jamesy

LOOKUP FUNCTION WITH SUMS VALUES

Hello,

There might be a simple answer here but either way I need help, let me
explain my problem. For example "SHEET1" has granny smith apples in A1,
"SHEET2" has granny smith apples located in A:A (more than one entry) and
price per granny smith apple in B:B. So an example might be granny smith -
10p or on another row the granny smith apple might be 15p, now what I need
from sheet1 is the total value of granny smith apples. So I guess I require
a lookup function that sums values, is this process possible?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
James.

JulieD

Hi

you can use the SUMIF function
=SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,"apples",Sheet2!B:B)

Cheers
JulieD

"Jamesy" wrote in message
Hello,

There might be a simple answer here but either way I need help, let me
explain my problem. For example "SHEET1" has granny smith apples in A1,
"SHEET2" has granny smith apples located in A:A (more than one entry) and
price per granny smith apple in B:B. So an example might be granny
smith -
10p or on another row the granny smith apple might be 15p, now what I need
from sheet1 is the total value of granny smith apples. So I guess I
require
a lookup function that sums values, is this process possible?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
James.

Jamesy

Thanks greatly!

Regards,
James.

"Jamesy" wrote in message
Hello,

There might be a simple answer here but either way I need help, let me
explain my problem. For example "SHEET1" has granny smith apples in A1,
"SHEET2" has granny smith apples located in A:A (more than one entry) and
price per granny smith apple in B:B. So an example might be granny
smith -
10p or on another row the granny smith apple might be 15p, now what I need
from sheet1 is the total value of granny smith apples. So I guess I
require
a lookup function that sums values, is this process possible?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
James.

JulieD

you're welcome