-   -   What's a a good cheap Monte Carlo add-in for Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/34122-whats-good-cheap-monte-carlo-add-excel.html)

Gus

What's a a good cheap Monte Carlo add-in for Excel?

I am looking for an inexpensive add-in to Excell that will allow me to do
simple Monte Carlo analysis. Commercial applications are too expensive and
unnecessarily advanced for my needs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob Phillips

Don't know how good it is, but there is a 30-day trial product at
http://www.download.com/Monte-Carlo-...-10202754.html.

If you do a Google with 'Excel add-in Monte Carlo', there will be plenty to
research.

--

HTH

RP

"Gus" wrote in message
I am looking for an inexpensive add-in to Excell that will allow me to do
simple Monte Carlo analysis. Commercial applications are too expensive and
unnecessarily advanced for my needs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

Gus wrote:
I am looking for an inexpensive add-in to Excell that will allow me to do
simple Monte Carlo analysis. Commercial applications are too expensive and
unnecessarily advanced for my needs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

---------------

Personally, I just use a macro. You can write one to add a random delta to a
cell(s) and see if it makes the result in some other cell better or worse. If
it's better you keep the new value and loop again. If it's worse you throw away
the new value and loop again.

That's about as cheap as I know how to do it.

Bill

Mike Middleton

Gus -

I am looking for an inexpensive add-in to Excell that will allow me to do
simple Monte Carlo analysis. Commercial applications are too expensive and
unnecessarily advanced for my needs. Any ideas? Thanks <

RiskSim at www.treeplan.com.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com