-   -   Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/34038-why-does-%22windows-taskbar%22-not-work-excel-2003-a.html)

Monkey Boy

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003

I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not
work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click
on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel
session at that point.
I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck.

DNA

Try:

Tools Options View

and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked.

HTH

Monkey Boy

hey DNA,

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and
apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and
reopend, it no longer works.

Anybody?

"DNA" wrote:

Try:

Tools Options View

and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked.

HTH

DNA

I hate to say this, but have you either thought about re-installing XL or
possibly checking for the lastest SP?