-   -   Error when trying to delete a macro... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/34010-error-when-trying-delete-macro.html)

Currie

Error when trying to delete a macro...

I'm trying to get delete a macro, but I when I hit the delete button it gives
me this error:

Cannot edit a macro on a hidden worksheet. Unhide the workbook using the
Unhide Command.

I've never heard of any "Unhide" command ... only hiding/unhiding rows and
columns.

PCLIVE

Try going to Format-Sheet-Unhide.

Regards,
Paul

"Currie" wrote in message
I'm trying to get delete a macro, but I when I hit the delete button it
gives
me this error:

Cannot edit a macro on a hidden worksheet. Unhide the workbook using the
Unhide Command.

I've never heard of any "Unhide" command ... only hiding/unhiding rows and
columns.

Anne Troy

Try Format--Sheet--Unhide. But there's a good chance the worksheet is
xlVeryHidden with code...
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Currie" wrote in message
I'm trying to get delete a macro, but I when I hit the delete button it

gives
me this error:

Cannot edit a macro on a hidden worksheet. Unhide the workbook using the
Unhide Command.

I've never heard of any "Unhide" command ... only hiding/unhiding rows and
columns.

Currie

Unhide is "grayed" out. I cannot click it. Any other thoughts?

"Currie" wrote in message
I'm trying to get delete a macro, but I when I hit the delete button it

gives
me this error:

Cannot edit a macro on a hidden worksheet. Unhide the workbook using the
Unhide Command.

I've never heard of any "Unhide" command ... only hiding/unhiding rows and
columns.

Anne Troy

That means the worksheet is hidden using VBA. You should talk to the
developer of the workbook if you want to change it.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Currie" wrote in message
I'm trying to get delete a macro, but I when I hit the delete button

it
gives
me this error:

Cannot edit a macro on a hidden worksheet. Unhide the workbook using

the
Unhide Command.

I've never heard of any "Unhide" command ... only hiding/unhiding rows

and
columns.

Michael

Try the Window menu to see if you have any hidden workbooks. Quite often
macros are stored in the Personal Workbook which is sometimes hidden.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin