Questions from Christine

Default Where does Excel get the default properties without startup file?

I do not hav ea startup file in my XLStart folder. When I ask for a new
worksheet, the new file has properties that I need to change everytime.
Where does Excel obtain these properties so I can reset them?
Dave Peterson

New worksheet or new workbook???

In either case, if you don't have Book.xlt or sheet.xlt in your XLStart folder,
I think that the defaults are buried deep into excel--not changeable by the user
(well, at least not by me!).

But that's what having a book.xlt template (and a sheet.xlt template) in your
XLStart does for you--it allows you to change those defaults.

(Actually, some of the properties of the new workbook can be found in
Tools|options--sheets in new workbook for example in the General tab.)

Book.xlt is used as the template for new workbooks and sheet.xlt is the template
for adding new worksheets to existing workbooks.

Is there a reason you don't want to use one of these templates?

--

Dave Peterson
Michael

Go to Help and type in Template.