srf1030

Default Protect/Lock Specific Cells

I would like to be able to protect or lock certain cells of a worksheet. I
only want our directors to be able to access these cells. How do I do that?
Anne Troy

Put a password on the sheet protection:
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"srf1030" wrote in message
I would like to be able to protect or lock certain cells of a worksheet.

only want our directors to be able to access these cells. How do I do

that?

Anne Troy

Please read the article. If you lock a cell, it becomes locked WHEN you
protect the sheet. If you don't lock a cell, it does NOT become locked EVEN
IF YOU protect the sheet.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"srf1030" wrote in message
I would like to be able to protect or lock certain cells of a

worksheet.
only want our directors to be able to access these cells. How do I do

that?

srf1030

It doesn't look like it's possible to do what I'm looking for. I want other
users to be able to utilize the sheet, but not be able to change these two
cells, so I don't want to protect the whole thing. I only want certain
people to change those two cells by using a password. Thoughts???

"srf1030" wrote in message
I would like to be able to protect or lock certain cells of a

worksheet.
only want our directors to be able to access these cells. How do I do
that?

Michael

Select all the cells except the ones you want protected, then go to format -
protection and unlock the cells. Then, go to tools - protection and protect
the work sheet. That will protect only the two cells you want.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin