-   -   How can I compare Excel files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33932-how-can-i-compare-excel-files.html)

AUSSIE GRAHAM

How can I compare Excel files

I am using EXCEL2000 and trying to compare two similar multisheet workbooks
of significant size. I have reviewed the help and tips and cannot find
either "Compare and Merge" in tools or "Compare side by side" in windows -
both recommended in other tips. The software is managed corporately so I
don't know whether there are settings preventing this. Is there a function
similar to "compare" in WORD? Any other suggestions please?

Norman Jones

Hi Graham,

See Chip Pearson's site for Compare.xla, written by Myrna Larsen and
BillManville:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm

This addin allows you to compare the contents of two workbooks.

---
Regards,
Norman