-   -   Tab list position in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3380-tab-list-position-excel.html)

RRe

Tab list position in Excel

One of the things that frequently annoys me with Excel is the position of the
tabs at the bottom of the window.
Usually columns are labeled at the top of a sheet and if I have a number of
sheets with the same or similar types columns but in different contexts I
always need to take my glance off the top and look at the bottom to check
whether I really look at the information I think I'm viewing.
I searched but I haven't been able to find any indication that the tab list
could be moved to the top to facilitate seeing the overall context with a
single look.
Most other software using tabs has the tab list ot the top or even allows
the user to decide where to put it.
Therefore my suggestion: separate the the tab list from the horizontal sheet
scrollbar and handle it like a normal toolbar that the user can reposition as
it suits his/her personal preferences.

Norman Jones

Hi RRe,

Therefore my suggestion: separate the the tab list from the horizontal
sheet
scrollbar and handle it like a normal toolbar that the user can reposition
as
it suits his/her personal preferences.

Perhaps you should address this to Microsoft.

See their product suggestions page at:

http://tinyurl.com/22y7

---
Regards,