-   -   Finding the Best Price (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33772-finding-best-price.html)

Midd

Finding the Best Price

I am creating a spreadsheet that will show me what suppliers give me the
best price. There are three companies that supply me and i want to be
able to type in each of their prices and the spreadsheet gives me back
the cheapest price. At the moment i have been trying different if
statements but can't get it to work.

--
Midd
Midd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5423

Barb R.

Can you give us a bit more information as to what you have in your
spreadsheet? It's difficult to answer appropriately without knowing what
you have set up already.

"Midd" wrote:

I am creating a spreadsheet that will show me what suppliers give me the
best price. There are three companies that supply me and i want to be
able to type in each of their prices and the spreadsheet gives me back
the cheapest price. At the moment i have been trying different if
statements but can't get it to work.

--
Midd
Midd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384489

MattShoreson

could you use the worksheet function - MAX?

--
MattShoreson
MattShoreson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3472

BenjieLop

Midd Wrote:
I am creating a spreadsheet that will show me what suppliers give me the
best price. There are three companies that supply me and i want to be
able to type in each of their prices and the spreadsheet gives me back
the cheapest price. At the moment i have been trying different if
statements but can't get it to work.

Assuming that all the quoted prices are in, for example, Cells B1:B3,
the lowest price can be determined with this formula

=MIN(B1:B3)

You can modify this formula to suit your needs.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019