-   -   copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33765-copy-data-one-worksheet-identical-sheet-different-workbook.html)

akid12

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook

I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in
different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in
the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do
this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into
the workbook?

Thanks

Jim May

You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab,
the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet....
Select it and make 2 other choices:
1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom
2) From dropdown box at top of screen
select an existing open workbook or select
new-workbook.
OK
HTH

"akid12" wrote in message
oups.com...

I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in
different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in
the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do
this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into
the workbook?

Thanks

akid12

Actually, I just want to import the data, the sheets are identical with
the exception of some formulas that reference other sheets in the
document, when I import the way you discussed, the formulas still
reference updates in the old workbook the sheet is coming from, I
simply want to sync the data in unprotected cells into an existing
sheet in the second document. Sorry for the confusion