-   -   MS Office 2003 Installation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33679-ms-office-2003-installation.html)

taych

MS Office 2003 Installation

My friend just purchased a pc (Win XP SP2, 512 Ram 80 GB HD) from a
local computer shop. It was pre-installed with Office 2002 which is
not a legal copy.

To protect himself from any legal action, he has decided to purchase
legal copy of MS Office 2003.

Now should he un-installed the current Office 2002 first before new
installation or he can just install Office 2003 over the present ones.

Thanks.

--
taych

taych's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7096
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384302

BenjieLop

taych Wrote:
My friend just purchased a pc (Win XP SP2, 512 Ram 80 GB HD) from a
local computer shop. It was pre-installed with Office 2002 which is
not a legal copy.

To protect himself from any legal action, he has decided to purchase
legal copy of MS Office 2003.

Now should he un-installed the current Office 2002 first before new
installation or he can just install Office 2003 over the present ones.

Thanks.

Personally, I will just take out the pre-installed Office 2002 just so
there will be no "trace" of a pirated software in the PC. Can your
friend ask for some form of rebate to defray the cost of the MS Office
2003? In the first place, this additional expense (for MS Office 2003)
should not have occured if the local computer shop did things on the
up-and-up.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop