-   -   Transfering Dos to Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33505-transfering-dos-excel.html)

denny

Transfering Dos to Excel

Is there any way to transfer Dos (a program called Lucid 3-D) into excel 2000
so that it can be printed on a printer that does not print DOS?

Dave O

If your DOS program will export results to file types such as TXT, PRN,
or CSV you could subsequently cause Excel to import from those files.
Lucid may also export to other file types supported by Excel.

denny

It doesn't export as anything as far as I can tell. It will dump out into
another program...in DOS. I can put in a window and copy column by column
what is in the window and paste it in Excel...but I can only copy what is on
the screen. I can save as text, but then I lose the columns.

"Dave O" wrote:

If your DOS program will export results to file types such as TXT, PRN,
or CSV you could subsequently cause Excel to import from those files.
Lucid may also export to other file types supported by Excel.

Gordon

"denny" wrote in message
It doesn't export as anything as far as I can tell. It will dump out into
another program...in DOS. I can put in a window and copy column by column
what is in the window and paste it in Excel...but I can only copy what is

on
the screen. I can save as text, but then I lose the columns.

When you open the text file in Excel, it gives you the option to put column
dividers back in.

denny

When you open the text file in Excel, it gives you the option to put column
dividers back in.

Thanks Gordon,
I understand that now, but is there any macro that will open Excel
automatically with a file I just sorted in DOS???...and visa versa FIRST OF
ALL--Save an Excel file to text...and open a DOS window and carry out a batch
file to sort it .