-   -   when i open a file a new excel window opens. how do stop this (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33438-when-i-open-file-new-excel-window-opens-how-do-stop.html)

susan

when i open a file a new excel window opens. how do stop this

When I go to file / open and try to open an existing file (or a new one for
that matter) a new window of excel opens. How can I keep the file I want
opened within the excel window I am working in.

Carlos Antenna

Tools|Options|View|clear the checkbox for Windows in taskbar

-- Carlos