-   -   Broken Links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33352-broken-links.html)

David

Broken Links

Hi Group,

I have a broken link in a file. I thought I could use Go To Special to find
the cell that has the broken link but I was wrong. Does anyone know a fast
easy way to find the cell with the broken link? I have searched though the
cells and found it, but there has to be a better way? This was not a big file
and it was only a single broken link, so was not too laboreous.

--
David

Scott Orchard

If you know what the link is you can use Edit/Find
Rgds,
Scott

"David" wrote in message
| Hi Group,
|
| I have a broken link in a file. I thought I could use Go To Special to find
| the cell that has the broken link but I was wrong. Does anyone know a fast
| easy way to find the cell with the broken link? I have searched though the
| cells and found it, but there has to be a better way? This was not a big file
| and it was only a single broken link, so was not too laboreous.
|

| --
| David

Dave Peterson

When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

David wrote:

Hi Group,

I have a broken link in a file. I thought I could use Go To Special to find
the cell that has the broken link but I was wrong. Does anyone know a fast
easy way to find the cell with the broken link? I have searched though the
cells and found it, but there has to be a better way? This was not a big file
and it was only a single broken link, so was not too laboreous.

--
David

--

Dave Peterson