-   -   Time Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33332-time-problem.html)

B. Baumgartner

Time Problem

I've got an excel spreadsheet that tracks attendance (time in/out). We
work 8 or 10 hour days depending on the shift. We are required to be
as close to 0 hrs over/under at the end of each month however we
sometimes carry a balance of x amount of minutes.

My goal is to create a cell that you can input your time over/under
into which represents any overage/underage from the previous month.
This cell will then add into the cumulative +/- total for the current
month so that you know when to clock out for the day.

My Cumulative +/- cell has this formula

=SUM($F$16:F$46+D8)

Where column F represents a time value of Time Out - Time In and D8
represents the previous months' time +/- in h:mm format

The formula isn't working and I don't know why......

--
B. Baumgartner
B. Baumgartner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23107

Michael

=sum(f$16$:f$46$)+d8. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"B. Baumgartner" wrote:

[...]

mcpie

If you sum ranges and individual cells you need to separate them with a comma
(not +).So your formula would be:
=SUM($F$16:F$46,D8)
Or equally,
=SUM($F$16:F$46)+D8 would do the same,