-   -   cell in cell - 2nd question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3330-cell-cell-2nd-question.html)

Abi

cell in cell - 2nd question

Okay, I got the money cell in cell formula to work, but now I want to do one
with a date, and can't seem to get the date to show up correctly.

If I just enter the formula in the text string as &(A1) & where A1 is the
date January 7, 2005, I get the numeric value of the date 38359. How do I
switch the format in the calculation? Is there a way to bold is within the
rest of the sentence?

(This is Excel 97...I'll be getting an upgrade to Xp and 2003 in a week...)

Dave O

This will convert the 38359 to a date format in your formula:
=TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" your cell reference here"

Abi

Is it possible to put the date into "January 7, 2005" style, or can I only do
it numerically?

"Dave O" wrote:

This will convert the 38359 to a date format in your formula:
=TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" your cell reference here"

Dave Peterson

=text(a1,"mmmm d, yyyy") & "...."

Take a look at excel's help for "Number format codes" and you'll see lots more
good info.

--

Dave Peterson