-   -   Splitting Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33243-splitting-cells.html)

D Head

Splitting Cells

I have a sheet that I am working on and want to create a split cell within
the cell itself. How do you do that?

JE McGimpsey

You don't. There's no provision for splitting cells in XL.

You can split content to other cells, either via formula or Data/Text to
Columns.

You can merge two columns except for the row(s) you want your "split" to
occur, but merged cells generally cause more problems than they're worth.

There may be, depending on what you're trying to do, other workarounds.