-   -   How to enable the sort function for a protected sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/33189-how-enable-sort-function-protected-sheet.html)

lkjing

How to enable the sort function for a protected sheet

After proctecting my sheet with a password, I found that the sort function
will be not available to users without the password. Realized Autofilter can
be enabled using codes. What about "sort" function? Thanks.

Dave Peterson

Not as easily.

You could provide a macro that unprotects the worksheet, does a sort, then
reprotects the worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson