-   -   How to Replace Numbers with Phrases (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/32983-how-replace-numbers-phrases.html)

Jerry Arnone, PMP

How to Replace Numbers with Phrases

hi all,

I have a cell that has six choices, numbers 1-5 and blank, I need to replace
the cell with a phrase for each different number, and if the cell is blank
leave it blank.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
--
Jerry

Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 04:39:03 -0700, "Jerry Arnone, PMP"
wrote:

hi all,

I have a cell that has six choices, numbers 1-5 and blank, I need to replace
the cell with a phrase for each different number, and if the cell is blank
leave it blank.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Look at HELP for VLOOKUP for how to do this. Another options would be to use
CHOOSE.

--ron