-   -   Formula for Searching & matching two values in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3276-formula-searching-matching-two-values-excel.html)

Chris

Formula for Searching & matching two values in excel

Hello I wonder if anyone can help with my problem....

I need to create a lookup to match two values in one
worksheet with two values in another sheet, returning a
third value:

So I have two worksheets in excel Projects and Orders.
To match these sheets, the Orders page contains lots of
duplicate "Order Codes" which are numbered between 1 & 20
called "Line item". These Order line items each refer to a
particular Project on the Projects sheet but can only be
traced to a Project by searching the Projects sheet for
Order number then Line item. So for instance Order 1234
Line Item 1 refers to Project 1; Order 1234 Line Item 2
may refer to a different Project i.e. 2.

So I need to be able to create a formular on the Orders
page to search the Projects sheet for "Order Code" to find
all the orders, then find the matching "Line Item Number"
(1-10) returning the particular PROJECT number.

I have been trying to use vLookup and Index, but failing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Chris

maria ward

Sounds Like you need to use SUMIF, instead of a lookup!

.