-   -   formula query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3266-formula-query.html)

Chiccada

formula query

Hi all,

Got a quick question for ya's.

I am currently trying to hash out a formula along these lines:
=IF(F2="new","=vlookup(A2,p,2,0)",0)

I have tried adding the 'indirect' function but it still brings me no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rikki

Leo Heuser

Hi Rikki

How about:

=IF(F2="new",vlookup(A2,p,2,0),0)

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Chiccada" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi all,

Got a quick question for ya's.

I am currently trying to hash out a formula along these lines:
=IF(F2="new","=vlookup(A2,p,2,0)",0)

I have tried adding the 'indirect' function but it still brings me no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rikki

Chiccada

Cheers for that, it kinda works, but i need the A2 part of the formula to
move down with initial part of the formula eg. f2 and a2, f44 and a44 and so
forth.

"Leo Heuser" wrote:

Hi Rikki

How about:

=IF(F2="new",vlookup(A2,p,2,0),0)

--
[...]

"Leo Heuser" wrote:

Hi Rikki

How about:

=IF(F2="new",vlookup(A2,p,2,0),0)

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Chiccada" skrev i en meddelelse
Cheers for that, it kinda works, but i need the A2 part of the formula to
move down with initial part of the formula eg. f2 and a2, f44 and a44 and

so
forth.

What do you mean by "move down"?
Apparently it has nothing to do with
copying the formula down.

Please clarify.

LeoH

Chiccada

I got it sussed now.

Thanks a million,

Riks

"Chiccada" wrote:

Hi all,

Got a quick question for ya's.

I am currently trying to hash out a formula along these lines:
=IF(F2="new","=vlookup(A2,p,2,0)",0)

I have tried adding the 'indirect' function but it still brings me no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rikki

den4673

You have me curious...what was the solution? When I copied the formula
down the references changed with it. Also, doesn't the reference to p
in the vlookup have to be a range or range name?

Chiccada

yeah the references did change, its just i wasnt using the formula in the
correct corresponding row as i had begun to do the task manually. Also the
'p' reference is the range name. I just use single letters as its quicker.

"den4673" wrote:

You have me curious...what was the solution? When I copied the formula
down the references changed with it. Also, doesn't the reference to p
in the vlookup have to be a range or range name?

den4673

Thanks, I should have figured that one out. That is a good idea to use
letters for range names, it makes it much easier. I think I will start
doing that as well.

Dennis