-   -   i have a document i need but i don't have excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/32577-i-have-document-i-need-but-i-dont-have-excel.html)

sister

i have a document i need but i don't have excel

someone created a file for me but i can't open it without excel.i need this
file for work.how can i open it and get i9t to work?

Michael

Hi Sister
Simple answer is;
1. Buy Excel
OR
2. Download an Excel Reader. However, the reader is just that, a reader.
So you cannot make any modifications to the file

HTH
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

"sister" wrote:

someone created a file for me but i can't open it without excel.i need this
file for work.how can i open it and get i9t to work?

Dave Peterson

Just to add to Michael's response:

The free viewer from Microsoft:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

If that version isn't supported on your pc, Ken Wright posted this link to an
older version:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...5257&fileidx=1

Or maybe a free spreadsheet program would work for you:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD