-   -   How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/32402-how-do-i-copy-data-single-cell-format-merged-cell-format.html)

Paul

How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format

I need to copy a list of data in single cell format into a spreadsheet where
those same columns are merged cells (with four cells merged into one).

I have several hundred lines of data so some way of copy & paste (other than
each cell individually) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

tina

Hi Paul
What I would do is copy format of sheet with merge cells to blank sheet then
copy single cell data to sheet with merge cells select single cell to paste
you lose formatting so after just copy format from blank sheet created earlier
I find this easiest way
Hope this helps
Tina