-   -   why cant i change font size when i use conditional formatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3239-why-cant-i-change-font-size-when-i-use-conditional-formatting.html)

cbwindycity

why cant i change font size when i use conditional formatting?

When I use conditional formatting in Excel, the font size is grayed out and
the options for the border are limited to 5, none of which are the ones I
need, is there a way to make more formatting options available?

William

Hi

When you are in the process of applying conditional formatting, you are
looking at the regular "Format Cells" dialog box which is not a dialog box
specifically for conditional formatting. Conditional formatting cannot
change the row height or column width of a cell - hence the font names and
font sizes are greyed out. Presumably heavy borders change the row height or
column width.

For more formatting options, you'll probably need to use code.

--
XL2002
Regards

William