-   -   Excel on desktop (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3223-excel-desktop.html)

bradsdad25

Excel on desktop

When I open an excel doc that has been saved on the desktop an error comes up
that the path can not be found. This is not a short cut. If I open a new
excel and go to file and drill to it on the desktop it opens just fine. I've
tried save as, copying the data to a new sheet and it all comes up the same.
I did a repair on office then a clean install to no avail. Any thoughts? Is
this an Office problem or possibly a windows issue?

Peo Sjoblom

Uncheck ignore other applications under toolsoptionsgeneral

-
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"bradsdad25" wrote in message
When I open an excel doc that has been saved on the desktop an error comes
up
that the path can not be found. This is not a short cut. If I open a new
excel and go to file and drill to it on the desktop it opens just fine.
I've
tried save as, copying the data to a new sheet and it all comes up the
same.
I did a repair on office then a clean install to no avail. Any thoughts?
Is
this an Office problem or possibly a windows issue?

bradsdad25

worked like a charm. It was one of our salesman and of course he swears he
didn't touch it. Thanks again.