-   -   How do I only calculate cells which have a filled color format? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/32196-how-do-i-only-calculate-cells-have-filled-color-format.html)

Phillip Bruce

How do I only calculate cells which have a filled color format?

I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2003. I am looking for a way to format a
cell based upon another cell's format. For instance, if cell A2 has been
filled with a color, then cell F2 should be filled with the same color. I
looked under conditional formats and the only "conditions" are for a cell
having a "value" or "formula." There is nothing about whether the cell
contains a certain "format." Also, one I have all the cells identified as
being filled, I need to be able to sum all the "colored" cells that are found
in a specific range.

Bob Phillips

Some help at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--