-   -   In Excel 2000, can I change the direction of the move selection a. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3210-excel-2000-can-i-change-direction-move-selection.html)

GTP

In Excel 2000, can I change the direction of the move selection a.

In Excel 2000, can I change the direction of the move selection after Tab? (I
know you can change the dirrection after Enter)

Nick Hodge

GTP

Not possible I'm afraid

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"GTP" wrote in message
In Excel 2000, can I change the direction of the move selection after Tab?
(I
know you can change the dirrection after Enter)

Dave Peterson

If you have a specific pattern to follow...

Snipped from a Gord Dibben post:

One method is......make a named range for your cells then select this name
from the namebox.

Assume you want to go from D10 to A1 to B4 to C8

Hold CRTL key down as you select cells. Start with second cell(A1 in this
case) then select B4, C8 and last D10.

With cells still selected, go to InsertNameDefine. Type in a name and OK.

De-select cells by clicking on any other cell. Now click on namebox(just
above row1 and left of column A. Pick your name from the list. Your range
will be highlighted with D10 as active cell. Enter your data then hit ENTER
key to move through the range.

=====
And it works with tabs, too (well, if the sheet isn't protected)