-   -   Protecting single cells or a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/32079-protecting-single-cells-range.html)

Ant

Protecting single cells or a range

How can I protect a single cell or range so that the rest of the sheet is
able to be accessed. I can only see options to protect the whole sheet or
workbook.

Thanks in advance.

dominicb

Good afternoon Ant

Protecting a worksheet only protects the cells that are locked. In a
new worksheet all cells are locked by default. Unlock the cells you
want the users to be able to edit via ctrl + 1, Protection and uncheck
the locked box. This can be done an many selected cells at once. Then
apply protection with Tools Protection Protect Sheet.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

Ant

Thank you very much - well answered

"dominicb" wrote:

Good afternoon Ant

Protecting a worksheet only protects the cells that are locked. In a
new worksheet all cells are locked by default. Unlock the cells you
want the users to be able to edit via ctrl + 1, Protection and uncheck
the locked box. This can be done an many selected cells at once. Then
apply protection with Tools Protection Protect Sheet.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381551

dominicb

Hi Ant

You're welcome. And thanks for the feedback.

DominicB