-   -   apply a formula to multiple cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/32075-apply-formula-multiple-cells.html)

FixitFrog

apply a formula to multiple cells

hi,
a colleague of mine presented me with this problem and i've failed miserably.

He has several hundred cells with a value in each. He wants to apply a
single formula to all cells.

Is there as easy way of adding the formula to each cell? - Without having to
cut and past the formula into each cell.
--
Cheers
Stuart

Bob Phillips

You don't have to do that. Enter it in the first cell then cut and paste in
one operation to all the others.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"FixitFrog" wrote in message
hi,
a colleague of mine presented me with this problem and i've failed

miserably.

He has several hundred cells with a value in each. He wants to apply a
single formula to all cells.

Is there as easy way of adding the formula to each cell? - Without having

cut and past the formula into each cell.
--
Cheers
Stuart

CLR

If you use Absolute References, then you could also "drag "n drop" the
formula to adjoining cells

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3