-   -   I used Save instead of Save As in Excel. How can I get my origin. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3206-i-used-save-instead-save-excel-how-can-i-get-my-origin.html)

Steve Donnell

I used Save instead of Save As in Excel. How can I get my origin.

I modified a spreadsheet and accidently pressed Save instead of Save As. The
new data is now saved in my existing spreadsheet. Is there a way to recover
the original data?

Gary Brown

Only if ...
1) you had the General Options set to 'Always create backup' and you have
not saved a second time.
2) a system administrator has a backup
3) you placed a 2nd copy somewhere else
Sorry,
Sincerely,
Gary Brown

"Steve Donnell" wrote:

I modified a spreadsheet and accidently pressed Save instead of Save As. The
new data is now saved in my existing spreadsheet. Is there a way to recover
the original data?

Dave Peterson

Any chance you emailed the old workbook to someone who could send it back?

--

Dave Peterson