-   -   "Links cannot be updated" error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31932-%22links-cannot-updated%22-error.html)

[email protected]

"Links cannot be updated" error

My workbook "Main.xls" has links to another workbook. When I open
Main.xls I get an error window:
This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated.
~To change the source of links, or attempt to update values again,
click Edit Links.
~To open the workbook as is, click Continue.
.... with Continue and Edit Links buttons in the window.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks!

Anne Troy

If you want to remove the links, there's several methods:
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
My workbook "Main.xls" has links to another workbook. When I open
Main.xls I get an error window:
This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated.
~To change the source of links, or attempt to update values again,
click Edit Links.
~To open the workbook as is, click Continue.
... with Continue and Edit Links buttons in the window.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks!

[email protected]

I need to maintain the links to support dynamic changes, and my problem
persists. Is there a workaround / fix for this? Thanks!

wrote in message
oups.com...
My workbook "Main.xls" has links to another workbook. When I open
Main.xls I get an error window:
This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated.
~To change the source of links, or attempt to update values again,
click Edit Links.
~To open the workbook as is, click Continue.
... with Continue and Edit Links buttons in the window.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks!

Anne Troy

I'm sorry. I can only imagine that you must rebuild the links.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to maintain the links to support dynamic changes, and my problem
persists. Is there a workaround / fix for this? Thanks!

oups.com...