-   -   looking up the last value in a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3190-looking-up-last-value-column.html)

Bob

looking up the last value in a column

I need assistance in choosing the correct function so that I can obtain the
last calculated value in a column range as each month another value is added
to the list.

Aladin Akyurek

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A)

would fetch the last numerical value from column A.

Bob wrote:
I need assistance in choosing the correct function so that I can obtain the
last calculated value in a column range as each month another value is added
to the list.

Bob

Dear Aladin
Thanks for your reply however this did not solve my problem. The column (T)
contains formulas which are dependent to other cells so if there is no value
in the other cells the result in column T is blank or zero. The function you
provided returns a value of "0" however I need a function that will return
the last value in column T that has a value 0. Thank you again for your
assistance.

Bob wrote:
I need assistance in choosing the correct function so that I can obtain the
last calculated value in a column range as each month another value is added
to the list.

Aladin Akyurek

U2:

=MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307)

V2: (the result cell)

=LOOKUP(2,1/(T2:INDEX(T:T,U2)0),T2:INDEX(T:T,U2))