-   -   Counting Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31759-counting-question.html)

Metalteck

Counting Question

I have a spreadsheet that has a list.
The identifer number is formated as, 432-4102.

I want to be able to group all of the 432, 426 and so on. If I create a new
column, how can I just get the first three numbers.

Anne Troy

=left(a1,3)

3 is the number of characters from the left that you want returned.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com