-   -   I can't see the data (###) in a merged area? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31705-i-cant-see-data-merged-area.html)

rakpak

I can't see the data (###) in a merged area?

I have a form saved as a webpage for electronically filling out but I am
having a problem with a couple of areas. There are a few large areas that
have been merged to create a large area for the user to type in information
but when it is sent to me I get the usual ##### across the center of the
merged area. If I double click in the area I can then see the info at the
top but it will not show or print where it should be and it is not larger
than the supplied box. Any suggestions?

Dave Peterson

Try formatting that cell as General. (A format of Text has trouble with strings
between 256 and 1024 characters (about).)

--

Dave Peterson

rakpak

Thanks, it worked. That has been driving me nuts. I was formatting it as
Text because of the various types of info that may be placed in it. Thanks
again.

rakpak wrote:

I have a form saved as a webpage for electronically filling out but I am
having a problem with a couple of areas. There are a few large areas that
have been merged to create a large area for the user to type in information
but when it is sent to me I get the usual ##### across the center of the
merged area. If I double click in the area I can then see the info at the
top but it will not show or print where it should be and it is not larger
than the supplied box. Any suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

If you put in numbers--only digits and you want to keep it text, just start with
a leading apostrophe.