-   -   Custom format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31657-custom-format.html)

Colin Foster

Custom format

Is there a simple way to use a custom format to scale a number.
For example, user inputs 12,000 & 12 k appears?

I'm fairly sure that I've done this in the past, but too much beer has made
me forget!

Regards
Colin Foster

Bob Phillips

0,"K"_);(0,"K)";0"K"_);@

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Colin Foster" wrote in message
Is there a simple way to use a custom format to scale a number.
For example, user inputs 12,000 & 12 k appears?

I'm fairly sure that I've done this in the past, but too much beer has

made
me forget!

Regards
Colin Foster

Colin Foster

Bob,
You are a star!

Thanks very much for this.
Regards
Colin
"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
0,"K"_);(0,"K)";0"K"_);@

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Colin Foster" wrote in message
Is there a simple way to use a custom format to scale a number.
For example, user inputs 12,000 & 12 k appears?

I'm fairly sure that I've done this in the past, but too much beer has

made
me forget!

Regards
Colin Foster

Bob Phillips

I wish I could take credit it for it, but I picked this up some time ago
from somewhere else, probably Dave McRitchie's site.