-   -   Lookup possibly? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3154-lookup-possibly.html)

SS

Lookup possibly?

Hi

I have two files one with a list in column B starting at B3.

I would like a formula that looks up this name in the other file which has a
sheet name the same and then put what is in N3.

Any ideas?

Cheers Shona

SS

Also the sheet name appears in E1 of the second file if that helps

Cheers

"SS" wrote in message
Hi

I have two files one with a list in column B starting at B3.

I would like a formula that looks up this name in the other file which has

sheet name the same and then put what is in N3.

Any ideas?

Cheers Shona

Aladin Akyurek

Example:

=VLOOKUP(B3,[Shona.xls]Sheet1!$A$3:$B$10,2,0)

looks up B3 in A3:A10 and,if successful, returns a value from B3:B10.

SS wrote:
Hi

I have two files one with a list in column B starting at B3.

I would like a formula that looks up this name in the other file which has a
sheet name the same and then put what is in N3.

Any ideas?

Cheers Shona

SS

Thanks but that I believe is just a normal lookup.

I'm trying to return the information that is always in N3 in each of the 150
sheets the lookup value goes from b3 to b150. It may not be a lookup at
all.

I know it could be done with paste link but I'm trying to avoid doing this
from a 150 sheets.

As I said the sheet name also appears in E1 on each sheet.

Thanks Shona