-   -   How turn off automatic office clipboard forever? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31517-how-turn-off-automatic-office-clipboard-forever.html)

Ian Elliott

How turn off automatic office clipboard forever?

Thanks for any help.
Everytime I start Excel, if I copy something "big", the office clipboard
opens. I can then turn off Show Office Clipboard Automatically, but is there
a way so I can turn it off forever? So even if I quit Excel, then start
again, and I copy something, it doesn't happen again? I looked in
ToolsOptions but I couldn't find anything. Maybe some code if necessary?
It's a hassle to do this everytime.

Jim Rech

I believe a registry entry should do it. Under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\General

(for Office 2003. Use 10 for Office XP and 9 for Office 2000) create this
Dword entry:

AcbControl

and set its value to 1.

--