-   -   I have problems keeping the merge formula to use as a template. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31514-i-have-problems-keeping-merge-formula-use-template.html)

PBrunner

I have problems keeping the merge formula to use as a template.

I can merge multiple cells int o one cell using the & " "& formula in Excel.
It works great. The problem arises when I need to use it again. There must be
away to merge contents without having to type that formula over and over. I
try to make a template but it does not work, so I have to type the formula &"
" for approximately 40 to 50 cells.
Does anyone know how I can have one formula to wear I can copy my
information and paste it into the merge cells formula and have it work
correctly? I am trying to make a template that can bve used repeatedly with
out having to type that long formula for each cell.
Thankyou, Pierre Abadie

Anne Troy

Pier You should have the ability to copy that formula in the same way you
do any other formula. Can you give a more specific example of the problem
that's occurring?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"PBrunner" wrote in message
I can merge multiple cells int o one cell using the & " "& formula in

Excel.
It works great. The problem arises when I need to use it again. There must

be
away to merge contents without having to type that formula over and over.

try to make a template but it does not work, so I have to type the formula

&"
" for approximately 40 to 50 cells.
Does anyone know how I can have one formula to wear I can copy my
information and paste it into the merge cells formula and have it work
correctly? I am trying to make a template that can bve used repeatedly

with
out having to type that long formula for each cell.
Thankyou, Pierre Abadie

Dave Peterson

You could use a userdefined function that does the concatenation for you. Take
a look at J.E. McGimpsey's site:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html

--

Dave Peterson