-   -   Database records from excel templates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31418-database-records-excel-templates.html)

BeeJay

Database records from excel templates

How do i get data entered into a template form such as invoice to update a
database. This used to work in previous versions of excel and is mentioned in
help but no where does it tell you how to set the form to do this.

Debra Dalgleish

There's information on the Microsoft site for the template wizard for
Excel 2002:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Ragdyer

Depending on your version, this might help also:

http://support.microsoft.com/dÂ*efau...en-us;8732Â*09

--
HTH,

RD

BeeJay wrote:
How do i get data entered into a template form such as invoice to update

database. This used to work in previous versions of excel and is

mentioned in
help but no where does it tell you how to set the form to do this.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Ragdyer

Try again:

HTH,

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Depending on your version, this might help also:

http://support.microsoft.com/dÂ*efau...en-us;8732Â*09

--
HTH,

RD

-

-

BeeJay wrote:
How do i get data entered into a template form such as invoice to

update
database. This used to work in previous versions of excel and is

mentioned in
help but no where does it tell you how to set the form to do this.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Beejay

Thanks for this help. Unfortunately although I have downloaded the relevant
software, it doesn't seem to install. When I double click I get the microsoft
user agreement, click yes and then not a lot else happens and I can't
subsequently find the add in on excel.
Any suggestions?

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try again: