-   -   Not getting "Locked for Editing" message (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31271-not-getting-locked-editing-message.html)

grinnineddies

Not getting "Locked for Editing" message

I have an issue with several users who open up the same Excel file on a
network share, and neither get the "file is locked for editing message
- open in Read Only." Both are able to make changes and save their
work, and in doing so, they overwrite each others changes. I can't
figure out why Excel doesn't know these files are open. And here's the
kicker, it doesn't happen every time. I'll test it right after they
call me, and get the message. Sometimes they get the message as well.
Any ideas? Thanks greatly in advance.

--
grinnineddies