-   -   Recover earlier version of excel sheet after new version saved? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31201-recover-earlier-version-excel-sheet-after-new-version-saved.html)

stephanie38

Recover earlier version of excel sheet after new version saved?

I accidentally saved a new version of an Excel spreadsheet using the same
name as the previous version. Is there any way to recover the earlier
version?

Norman Jones

Hi Stephanie,

In the absence of a backup copy, I think that you are out of luck.

---
Regards,
Norman

"stephanie38" wrote in message
I accidentally saved a new version of an Excel spreadsheet using the same
name as the previous version. Is there any way to recover the earlier
version?

stephanie38

I figured as much. Thanks anyway.

"stephanie38" wrote:

I accidentally saved a new version of an Excel spreadsheet using the same
name as the previous version. Is there any way to recover the earlier
version?

Norman Jones

Hi Stephanie,

Firstly commiserations. It is a nasty experience to loose valuable work.

Secondly, bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted - or, perhaps,
bolting the door before another horse bolts - you may wish to look at Jan
Karel Pieterse's excellent AutoSafe addin which is freely downloadable from:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

This invaluable tool enables you to keep as many sequential versions of
workbooks as you wish.

---