-   -   Looking for a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31127-looking-formula.html)

trisher75

Looking for a formula

I need some help. I have a spreedsheet with identical numbers with diffrent
qty's in another colume. Is there a quick way to search for the same # and
add the qty's. the sheet is like 2500 lines long and by the looks of it
every part # has a duplicate.

Please help me

pennyrod

No problem. I use this one all the time. You need an array formula.

If your duplicates are in col A, values in col B, and the duplicate value
you want to sum in col C,
put this formula in col D:

=sum(if($A$1:$A$2500=C1, $B$1:$B$2500,0))

Note its an array formula, so you need to hit ctrl+shift+enter to make it
work. Brackets {} should appear around the formula.

HTH

roger

"trisher75" wrote in message
I need some help. I have a spreedsheet with identical numbers with

diffrent
qty's in another colume. Is there a quick way to search for the same # and
add the qty's. the sheet is like 2500 lines long and by the looks of it
every part # has a duplicate.

Please help me

Earl Kiosterud

Trisher,

A pivot table can give you the total quantities for each number.

--
Earl Kiosterud