-   -   Speeding Saving Process (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31125-speeding-saving-process.html)

Carobar

Speeding Saving Process

Excel saves take nearly 10 minutes, how can I quicken the process. Or, what
should I look at to determine why it is taking so long.

Norman Jones

Hi Carobar,

One or more sheets in your workbook may have a used range which is larger
than you expect or intend.

See Debra Dalgleish's notes at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Carobar" wrote in message
Excel saves take nearly 10 minutes, how can I quicken the process. Or,
what
should I look at to determine why it is taking so long.

Phil Osman

How big is your workbook in terms of MB ?

Also, try to eliminate big sections of VLookup formulas as I find them the
worst offenders. They can often be replaced with a SumProduct formula which I
would be happy to help with if you post some of your formulas here.

Phil