-   -   Can Excel do things like Quicken (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/31087-can-excel-do-things-like-quicken.html)

Justin

Can Excel do things like Quicken

I would like to take me check book and enter in all information so I can get
a good idea of where my money is going. But I would like to have Excel sort
them into groups like eating out, Bills...Etc with a total so I can put them
into graphs. Can Excel to this? I know quicken can but I don't want to use
quicken

Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

You can use a pivot table to summarize the entries by category. There
are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

medicenpringles

or you could do it the easy way: autofilter.

have a column for category, and autofilter it.

--
medicenpringles

medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16458
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379806