-   -   Adding a comment to a formula-not a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3090-adding-comment-formula-not-cell.html)

Floridagal

Adding a comment to a formula-not a cell

I just went brain dead and can't remember the keystroke to
add a comment to a formula, not the cell.

Please help!

TIA

Peo Sjoblom

Do you mean

=formula+N("This is a comment")

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Floridagal" wrote:

I just went brain dead and can't remember the keystroke to
add a comment to a formula, not the cell.

Please help!

TIA

Gord Dibben

Use the N

=a2*a1+N("my wage+bonus-4 weekly loan repayments")

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:34:34 -0800, "Floridagal"
wrote:

I just went brain dead and can't remember the keystroke to
add a comment to a formula, not the cell.

Please help!

TIA

Floridagal

Yes! Thanks!
I just went brain dead and can't remember the keystroke

add a comment to a formula, not the cell.

Please help!

TIA

.

Dave Peterson

And if you're working with text:

=A1&B1&"hi there"&TEXT("this is a comment",";;;")

--

Dave Peterson