-   -   Copy - Paste Special (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30858-copy-paste-special.html)

DejaVu

Copy - Paste Special

I've got a workbook with several sheets. On sheet 2, I have several
columns with the following formulas:
=Sheet1!C$674
=Sheet1!C$684
=Sheet1!C$694 ... etc

I'm wanting to copy these to another location. They are in Column D
(sheet2) currently, and I'm wanting to copy them to another location on
sheet2; Column C.

However whenever I copy them, the formulas change to:
=Sheet1!B$674
=Sheet1!B$684
=Sheet1!B$694 ... etc

Is there anyway to get them to stay the same?!?

Thanks in advance...

DejaVu

--
DejaVu
DejaVu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22629

Don Guillett

have you tried
$c$674

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"DejaVu" wrote in
message ...

I've got a workbook with several sheets. On sheet 2, I have several
columns with the following formulas:
=Sheet1!C$674
=Sheet1!C$684
=Sheet1!C$694 ... etc

I'm wanting to copy these to another location. They are in Column D
(sheet2) currently, and I'm wanting to copy them to another location on
sheet2; Column C.

However whenever I copy them, the formulas change to:
=Sheet1!B$674
=Sheet1!B$684
=Sheet1!B$694 ... etc

Is there anyway to get them to stay the same?!?

Thanks in advance...

DejaVu

--
DejaVu
DejaVu's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379409

PegL

You need a "$" in front of the C to keep for formula the same.