-   -   text color change in cell reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30849-text-color-change-cell-reference.html)

TomKat743

text color change in cell reference

I have a workbook in excel 2003 with two sheets. Cell references on the
second sheet refer to the first sheet ='CODE SHEET'!I102 when I change text
color in cell I102 on the code sheet how do I get the color to automatically
change on the second sheet.

JE McGimpsey

That requires VBA. Check the archives:

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...ugroup=*excel*

here's one suggestion:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...misc/browse_fr
m/thread/ccbd9afeb33f0cdb/e991c1faf1f02314

In article ,
TomKat743 wrote:

I have a workbook in excel 2003 with two sheets. Cell references on the
second sheet refer to the first sheet ='CODE SHEET'!I102 when I change text
color in cell I102 on the code sheet how do I get the color to automatically
change on the second sheet.

Tomkat743

Thank you but the link did not work.

"TomKat743" wrote:

I have a workbook in excel 2003 with two sheets. Cell references on the
second sheet refer to the first sheet ='CODE SHEET'!I102 when I change text
color in cell I102 on the code sheet how do I get the color to automatically
change on the second sheet.

Dave Peterson

The link will work if you rebuild it into one line:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...91c1faf1f02314

or

http://tinyurl.com/9tsnb

--